Friday, November 5, 2010

My second jacket

This is a beautiful jacket. Fully lined, multiple princess seams in the front and back. The workmanship on it is excellent. Just a bit....boring.

I added velvet ribbon to the collar, cuffs and pockets. I changed out all the buttons (whoo-whee, that single center button was EXPENSIVE, but worth it). Stitching on all that ribbon was tedious, but adds a lot to the jacket.




It isn't flashy or overly "romantic", but now has a dash of old-world charm to it. Toss a frothy blouse underneath it, and you have a lovely outfit.

Here is the before of the jacket. Perfectly serviceable, if a bit dull.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I wish we lived closer and we could get together and "craft" together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I so would love a sewing/crafting buddy. I don't have one around here. And I wish I had one!!

    ReplyDelete