Sunday, January 9, 2011

Busy being crafty

New year, time to get motivated!

I have decided that I need to put my skills to use. I love making things, being artistic, using my hands and playing with various mediums. Along that vein, a friend (my rocking friend of MB, LLC) is helping me set up a web shop to sell my art. All the beads, jewelery, canvases, the things that I make for fun, and sell it.

I am over the moon excited about this concept! To be able to make money doing something that I love, that I lose myself in doing (creating and expressing myself in art), the chance at possibly helping my husband financially in doing this? I am stoked!

I will keep all of you updated on how it is going.

In the meantime, here is a little something I whipped up yesterday.



Made completely out of Fimo clay. Rolled, stamped, inked, dusted, antiqued and sealed. WHEW! The left-over scraps got made into a pendant and multiple beads (waste not, want not!). It matches my wall wonderfully well.

Fail of the week: storing the potato's that I grew all summer in the outdoor shed. It froze in December, causing all the potato's to rot. ARGH!! Total waste. Found them this week when I was looking for twine. All that work for potato's, wasted. I "should have" baked and frozen them. So irritated at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment