Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Catching up with my garden


Since I have been gone for a few weeks, my garden is bursting at the seams. I picked pound after pound of tomato's yesterday, and set them to cooking all afternoon and evening. Nothing like canning up tomato's at 9pm at night! They smelled so good, and were sweet as anything!

I also made a greek salad. Oh so very yummy!

Greek Salad
Tomatos
Cucumber
Onion
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup greek dressing
kalamata olives, pitted
feta cheese, crumbled

-Cut the tomato's into bite sized pieces
-Partially peel the cucumber, and cut into bite sized slices
-Clean the onion, and chop
-Mix together yogurt and greek dressing.
-Fold in the tomato's, cucumbers, onion, olives and feta cheese.
-Let sit in fridge for 2 hours to allow flavors to mingle before eating

This salad is my total splurge of the week. The olives and feta are rarely in my budget, but this salad is SO yummy. And making it myself is much more affordable than buying the salad already made. (My tomato's are much better than the styrofoam tomato's that the deli uses!)

I'm still working on catching up with all the tomato's out there. But eating them is so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. That salad looks yummy! :) I am glad to hear I am not the only one who ends up canning late at night! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are like me, that is when the house starts cooling off. Otherwise, it's too miserable to can!

    ReplyDelete