Monday, November 2, 2009

Working on my first quilt


Ah....well, actually, it is my first quilt all by myself. My husband bought me a sewing machine this past Christmas (subtle hint to sew?). For years, whenever I visit my mom on vacation, we work on quilts together. I pick the fabrics, she does the sewing (and the thinking about it). I get to do the ironing. Seems like a fair trade to me!

Ah...evidently not. This past visit, she bought me the makings of a quilt with the instructions that I need to grow up and make my own. All my my lonesome?? NO!!! It's super scary.

I got the blocks made, and here's a picture to prove it! Since then, I have put rails around it, visited my mother-in-law and got the batting and backing put onto it, tied it. All that is left is to bind it. Soo close to being done.

Once I've finished it, I'll post pics of the finished product. My MIL told me it's the biggest first project she's ever seen. Ummm...I guess I am a bit ambitious for a beginner. That and I like my lap quilts to be huge.

Mom is already egging me on for my next quilt. I am salivating at the idea of fabrics for the next one. Oh no! She's gonna make a quilter of me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment