Friday, January 22, 2010

Community Classes


My littlest one has been DYING to take fencing classes. Fencing, y'all. (First off, I am an artistic person, bookish by nature. How in the world did I end up with two boys who like sports is totally beyond me. Someone up there has a terrific sense of humor!)

Uh-huh. Well, fencing sounds a wee bit "high-class" for this mom. My oldest is already in hockey, and let me tell you, that sport will kill you.

Local community centers have classes. All kinds of classes. FENCING classes. Shock the ever-lovinness off of me. Fencing. Knock me over with a feather. This particular class is held one county over, meaning we drive a little and pay a slightly higher fee, but still significantly less than a fencing league would be. And there are beginning classes and intermediate classes. Very cool. The gear is provided by the instructors as well (thank you, Lord!).

I am also impressed that they limit the class size. My son's class has only 8 people in it, and there is the instructor and an assistant. Not too shabby! All in all, for a community class, I think it's worthwhile to look into.

So, for those of you out there interested in checking out a new hobby or sport, its worth looking into the local community center and seeing if they offer a class. You may as well dabble there and see how you like it!

And isn't he cute in the fencing outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment