Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy birthday, baby boy


My youngest turned eleven today. ELEVEN. (I am way too young to have an eleven year old, let alone a teenager. Just say'n.)

My question is: does his birthday have to fall so close so Christmas every single, blasted year?! I have a hard time finding Christmas presents for him each year, and come his birthday...I am typically out of ideas.

Some years, I find lots of ideas. Or I can discover what he didn't get for Christmas, buy it on clearance, and give it on his birthday. This year...mom is fresh out of ideas.

Books? Nope. No new ones that he wants. If I buy what he doesn't want, he won't read it anyways. Toys? If he doesn't like it, he won't use it! Video games? He got a bunch at Christmas time, and doesn't need any new ones right now. What is a mom to do?

My solution? Cash. I know this particular kid. He can hold onto cash for quite a while! I've seen this kid hold onto money for a few months. So for this kiddo, giving him cash is a great option. I know he will save it for something that he really wants a few months down the line. Plus, we won't end up with less appreciated items that take up space. Win-win!

Happy birthday, wee one. Hope this year is a good one for you. (But don't grow up too fast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment