Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Artisan Bread


School is back in session (Mom doing a happy dance!). This means I now have more free time during the day. Thank goodness for that.

I was fiddling around on StumbleUpon on the net, and ran across a few sites for Artisan Bread. Now, I have a very poor track record with bread. I am a yeast killer (KILLER!), and need the training wheels that my trusty bread machine gives me. But these recipes swear that even the most inept baker can handle this.

One particular site (Foodess.com http://www.foodess.com/2009/03/artisan-bread-in-five-minutes/) has an Artisan Bread that is stored in the fridge for up to two weeks and that you simply cut off a hunk and bake it when you want some. Got my interest!

So I am giving it a whirl. The picture is of the bread in the first raising. I made a wonderful tomato-basil salad from the garden, and am looking forward to some crusty bread to dip into the left-over oil.

Fingers crossed, wish me luck that my bread turns out well. I am SO hoping this works, because I would love to be able to bake up bread during the next two weeks for dinner. My mouth is watering with the thought of it. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment